Skip to main content

Rave: My Wife

My wife has shouted me out on her fabulous blog which has the bonus of being both blessedly gunt and ranga-free, and much better written.

For those of you who live in a cabin in the woods, one's "wife" or "wifey" is, in the parlance of today's youth, simply one's close female friend. Clearly, I have a husband (the venerable Manimal) for home.

Anyhoo, my wife makes life bearable for me on the regular, and for that I salute her.

In her own post, my wife likened our relationship to that of Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith of The Monkees fame. I could get on board with this, if my mother had not harbored a wicked Davy Jones crush which effectively rendered me unable to look at them without an involuntary shudder.

I, being far more predictable and low-brow, (wow, that's probably the first time The Monkeys have been considered high-brow) will offer my own virtual sketch of our bond. This picture represents us quite well. Always getting up to mischief, my wife clad in sequins, I in a kicky bow tie:



Our bitching karaoke skills would make us the modern day equivalent of these two:

She is definitely Tennille.

Or maybe this is more our speed:

I think she has that jacket. Plus I always wanted to be Fab (who, by writing this blog, I found out is attempting a comeback!)

Here is a list of duos we are way better than:
1. Brandon and Dylan (but not by much)
2. PB and J (On my list of upcoming rants)
3. Strum und Drang
4. Kylie and Jason
5. Flotsam and Jetsam (dibs on flotsam!)

I hope that one day, when we are both old and betrothed we will cohabit in a fashion similar to this:


So get thee to her blog immediately:
www.myinterestingandexcitinglife.blogspot.com

After you've been there, hop on over to her other "proper" job where she tries to convince everyone that she is respectable and likes art and stuff:

www.ybny.com

I'll leave you with a song that was ours before that cursed Zooey Deschanel vehicle came along:


Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True
Uploaded by jpdc11. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish List: Wine Lanyard

Ohboyohboyohboy!! I don't really think I need to explain why I want this: It leaves my hands free for mayhem! The Wine Lanyard is officially replacing the "Bottle of Wine Glass" on my 2010 Christmas List. Take note, friends! Unless they make a Bottle of Wine Glass Lanyard, that is!

Rave: My Bucket List

Readers, While I may now be in a period of stable employ, it has not always been this way. Luckily for me, the large urban bureaucracy which hired me has more than enough psychos to keep them busy before they get to an insignificant curmudgeon like myself. However, before landing in this coven of uselessness (where even I look like I dwell in the upper echelons of effectiveness) I toiled in a mindblowing array of menial jobs. In fact, readers, I am a little like the Imelda Marcos of jobs: collecting positions and stashing the memory of them in my own mental walk-in closet of nightmares. My experience is so vast and varied that (to extend the previous metaphor) to retrieve the memory of a specific job I would require one of those Clueless -style wardrobe computers to sort through my past jobs based on categories like "hemisphere", "level of meniality", and "humiliation?" before it would hit a match and the electric motor would whirr, bringing the long...

Travel Tips: Tas-Mania! (Part 1)

For this episode of Travel Tips I have the honor of introducing you, my beloved readers, to a very special corner of the world: Tas-mania! (Don't you think they should write it this way officially? It adds a little je ne sais quoi to proceedings). The "Apple Isle" as they call it, is a small crop of land which is separated from the World's Most Livable City by a deadly strip of water known as the Bass Strait. This violent pelagic mass is so terrifying that even my daredevil step father balked at taking his fabled homemade sea kayak out into its waters. However, nature seems to have a reason for such precautions: if the mainland were to know about all of the amazing attractions Tasmania had to offer, Van Diemen's Land would be overrun by throngs of tourists. Consequently, Tasmania is pretty much left to its own devices (according to my shower curtain which deems it a whole 'nother country): T *An aside: This is not the only choice made by the shower cur...