Monday, May 17, 2010

Rave: Awkward Family Photos

I nominate the kid at the far right of this glorious picture as our collective teenage id.  He/she embodies exactly how I felt whenever I was forced to interact with my family from the years 1992 - 1997.


What are they? Cells? Leaves? And do I spy a gunt?
 
All of these photos come courtesy of my new favorite time suck. Here are just some of my favorites:

Unlike the first photo, everyone here seems pretty stoked to be involved:


You don't need real children to have an amazing family photo:


This one's for the Manimal; this is his dream family. I hope one day he reaches the lofty style heights of Pops in the middle.


I like everything about this photo:


If I ever need to announce my impending motherhood, I think these two have the right idea:


And finally, my absolute favorite. I think this will be our next Christmas card:

3 comments:

  1. Fear does not exist in this family, does it?
    No, daddy!
    Pain does not exist in this family, does it?
    No, daddy!
    Defeat does not exist in this family, does it?
    No, daddy!

    Younger boy is even blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do we study here?
    The way of the fist daddy!
    And what is that way?
    Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy, daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meanwhile, I waxed cars, sanded floors, painted fences, and still got hit in the face.

    ReplyDelete