Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rave: Tiger Steals the Show

This guy is my hero, or perhaps my id.

As anyone who has seen my karaoke performance of "Alone" by Heart knows, lurking within me lies a performer waiting to be unleashed. I start soft, lulling you into a false sense of security, then open up full throttle culminating in an ungodly wail that brings me to my knees. Then, I bask in the adoring gasps of my new fans.

In this video, keep your eyes on the "tiger" on the left hand side. He represents everything I never knew I wanted to do, in dance form.

In fact, he reminds me of the time when I was 6 and my school put on its annual nativity play. It was the highlight of the season and I knew I had what it took to be Mary, Mother of Jesus. I felt I could bring a renewed sense of wonder to this integral member of the Bible. When the time came, it turned out some other stupid girl got the part and I was stuck being "Sheep #3" in the rousing musical number "Busy in Bethlehem".

Had I seen this video, I would have know what to do.

Stick with it till the end where El Tigre really goes to to town. Two emphatic thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. Those tigers look an awful lot like Chester Cheetah.

    ReplyDelete