Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rave: My Wife

My wife has shouted me out on her fabulous blog which has the bonus of being both blessedly gunt and ranga-free, and much better written.

For those of you who live in a cabin in the woods, one's "wife" or "wifey" is, in the parlance of today's youth, simply one's close female friend. Clearly, I have a husband (the venerable Manimal) for home.

Anyhoo, my wife makes life bearable for me on the regular, and for that I salute her.

In her own post, my wife likened our relationship to that of Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith of The Monkees fame. I could get on board with this, if my mother had not harbored a wicked Davy Jones crush which effectively rendered me unable to look at them without an involuntary shudder.

I, being far more predictable and low-brow, (wow, that's probably the first time The Monkeys have been considered high-brow) will offer my own virtual sketch of our bond. This picture represents us quite well. Always getting up to mischief, my wife clad in sequins, I in a kicky bow tie:



Our bitching karaoke skills would make us the modern day equivalent of these two:

She is definitely Tennille.

Or maybe this is more our speed:

I think she has that jacket. Plus I always wanted to be Fab (who, by writing this blog, I found out is attempting a comeback!)

Here is a list of duos we are way better than:
1. Brandon and Dylan (but not by much)
2. PB and J (On my list of upcoming rants)
3. Strum und Drang
4. Kylie and Jason
5. Flotsam and Jetsam (dibs on flotsam!)

I hope that one day, when we are both old and betrothed we will cohabit in a fashion similar to this:


So get thee to her blog immediately:
www.myinterestingandexcitinglife.blogspot.com

After you've been there, hop on over to her other "proper" job where she tries to convince everyone that she is respectable and likes art and stuff:

www.ybny.com

I'll leave you with a song that was ours before that cursed Zooey Deschanel vehicle came along:


Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True
Uploaded by jpdc11. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment